• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Selling Caledonian Sleeper service tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

styles

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2014
Messages
4,930
Location
Gwynedd
Not sure if this is the right forum, but it didn't seem to fit as a fares question necessarily.

If I want to buy a seated ticket for the Caledonian Sleeper, I can seemingly buy them from any retailer - CS, LNER, Thetrainline, wherever.

However to book a bed, I can only seem to book these on the CS website.

Is there something technically stopping other retailers from selling the CS accommodation, or is it just something they choose not to because it's tricky or prone to failure?

Before I go down the rabbit hole of becoming an accredited supplier it would be useful to know if it's actually possible to retail the CS accommodation.

I don't yet have access to RARS2 to check if it's an API option.

Editing to add: I know there's a long-running CS post, but I think this is a distinct enough topic to have its own thread.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top