• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Selected Routes Waterloo to Canon Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris999999

Member
Joined
22 Jun 2010
Messages
238
I am planning to travel via Waterloo to West Wickham on 31st August. I realise that there are works at London Bridge and I need to travel via Canon Street. However when I use journey planners I am told:

"On Southeastern journeys to and from London, where 'Travel by' shows as TRANSFER, you may use selected London Underground / Bus services to make this connection at no extra charge. This is all part of the Thameslink Programme."

Fine, but who is selecting which underground and bus services I may use and when will they be making their selection and publicising the details? Are there any plans to publish prefered routes?

With only 2 weeks to go, shouldn't someone be sorting this out?

I would add that I just plan to use the Waterloo and City Line.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,582
Location
Crayford
It's all covered here. There's a map showing free tube and bus routes towards the bottom.
 

Chris999999

Member
Joined
22 Jun 2010
Messages
238
Thanks Mike. It is a pity the planners are not linking to this information.

I note that the most obvious, and probably fastest route - Waterloo and City line, with about a 3 minute walk from the Bank to Canon Street is not included. Seems crazy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top