• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seen any famous people on trains recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,738
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
The Gadget Show's Jason Bradbury was braving the eastbound Jubilee Line commute, as was I, the other week. He joined our carriage at Waterloo.

I was a little disappointed that he didn't produce some amazing new gadget, to make the tube journey less unbearable - d'oh!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

podge67

New Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
3
I was standing next to Louis Theroux when he was getting off a disgustingly decrepit
2nd class Mk3 coach on a Virgin London - Glasgow Sunday evening train waaaay back in 1995. He got off at Lancaster. Having been a huge fan of his dad Paul's railway travel books (The Great Railway Bazaar, The Old Patagonia Express etc) , I'm amazed I didn't say something!
 

networkrail1

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
262
Location
uk (i think im lost)
ive seen suggsy get on a 156 from sheringham to norwich a while ago with a first class ticket to london.
Beause there wasnt any first class from sheringham to norwich, he asked if he could sit in the back cab with me and the guard to which the guard asked if he had a cab pass. :lol:<D
 

Scotty

Member
Joined
15 Dec 2009
Messages
463
Location
Boston, Lincs
I've seen Sue Pollard waiting at Grantham for a train down to King's Cross, and that's it I think!

EDIT: Oh, and I think it was Chris de Burgh and his lovely daughter waiting at Wembley Stadium station afyer the Community Shield in August
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
I was waiting at Euston for the sleeper service to Edinburgh a week before Christmas, 1991. Standing next to me was Charles Kennedy (who was just an ordinary MP then), who was waiting for the Inverness Sleeper. I was delayed getting on my train, as Malcolm Rifkind (who, I think, was Minister of Defence, at the time) was whisked onto the train ahead of us proles. I got my own back - he was standing for the Tories in my constituency in the 2001 General Election. At the Polling Station, he tried to have a final word with me, and I just breezed past as if he wasn't there and voted Labour!

Got off the same train as charles at bournemouth in September 2008 on way to the party confrence.
 

Tullideph

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
9
Saw Pat Lally (former Lord Provost of Glasgow) in Queen Street station a wee while ago, blatently lighting up in violation of the smoking ban. :P

A friend of mine once sat next to Chinese chef Ken Hom going down to London.
 

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
I accidently combined the two top threads in 'NR General Discussion' and got

Any famous people you've seen hit on a level crossing in Hertfordshire

....oops
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,049
Location
Crewe
seen joe calzaghe, from newport to london.

december
 
Last edited:

Sir_Clagalot

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2007
Messages
853
Denise Robertson is a regular traveller between Sunderland and Kings Cross on GC. Michael Portillo was on the other week (seen a photo) as was Prince Harry I'm told!
 

Polls

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2009
Messages
81
Location
West London
I sat next to the comic Katy Brand (NOT Jo Brand) on the Northern line, much to the amusment of my friends sitting opposite as they have often said how I look like her.... Maybe she is me in the future and if I had looked at her it would have opened a paradox and ripped a hole in time and space as we know it?! :lol:
 

Polls

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2009
Messages
81
Location
West London
Nah, looking's fine. If you had touched her there would have been a problem!

Ah right ok, thank you for the advice. If it should even happen again I will avoid her touch like she has the plaugue.....for the sake of all mankind of course :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top