• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seats aligned with windows in first class on duplex TGVs to Strasburg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve4031

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2017
Messages
90
I am planning a trip from Paris to Strasburg. I looked at the information on seat61 and on the trainline reservation app. Neither source of information verifies how seats line up with windows. I looked at a few photos of the duplex TGV on seat 61 and the facing seats at a table appear to align with the window. Is it an accurate assumption that all facing seats with a table between them are aligned with windows so both passengers can look out? Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlbertBeale

Established Member
Joined
16 Jun 2019
Messages
3,188
Location
London
I am planning a trip from Paris to Strasburg. I looked at the information on seat61 and on the trainline reservation app. Neither source of information verifies how seats line up with windows. I looked at a few photos of the duplex TGV on seat 61 and the facing seats at a table appear to align with the window. Is it an accurate assumption that all facing seats with a table between them are aligned with windows so both passengers can look out? Thank you.

I travelled between Strasbourg and Paris on the upper deck of a TGV a few months back, and from what I remember all the facing seats with tables did line up - in fact I imagine that successive such table sets must do if the window size fits one of them ... if you see what I mean. (Warning - this is just my memory, not definitive information!)

I assume there are better apps than Trainline (!) which might give you fuller information.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,596
Location
LBK
All Club Duo seats upstairs are aligned with windows but I can’t speak for downstairs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top