• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seatfrog upgrade with Free Staff Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calpe

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2024
Messages
8
Location
Bucks
Good morning everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed previously but I couldn't find any definitive information; I am travelling on Cross Country next week with my family using our staff and dependents free travel passes (not PRIV card). Am I able to use seatfrog to purchase a first class upgrade or would this only apply if I had a ticket purchased with my PRIV card? I can find the info regarding PRIV purchases but nothing for those travelling on staff passes!

Hopefully someone will be able to shine further clarification on the matter for me.

Many thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,932
From the Rail Staff Travel restrictions document:

Seatfrog upgrades on CrossCountry services Seatfrog upgrades are permitted for Rail Staff Travel facilities holders. Travel facilities holders who have a Seatfrog upgrade are entitled to partake of the full complimentary catering offer.

Facilities includes free travel, you're fine to use Seatfrog.
 

sir_gummerz

Member
Joined
26 Oct 2018
Messages
77
Location
Bristol, UK
Officially, seatfrog can be used on any ticket or pass as long as that ticket is pass is valid on that service.

However unofficial, just flash the passes at the TM as you get on and ask if you can go in first, as long as its not to busy they will almost always say yes. Also on weekends, Cross country staff passes are valid in first class anyway.

I'm a train manager, I have never been told no, and I've also never told anyone no (unless it was full)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top