• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat Reservations with All Line Rover Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

HORNIMANS

Member
Joined
30 Jul 2009
Messages
116
I will be having the above ticket next month.
can I get a seat reservation for trains before I buy the ticket?
which coaches are reservation free on GWR,LNER, MML, AVANTI ScR?
Any advice really welcome.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jan Mayen

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2020
Messages
1,360
Location
Sussex
I will be having the above ticket next month.
can I get a seat reservation for trains before I buy the ticket?
which coaches are reservation free on GWR,LNER, MML, AVANTI ScR?
Any advice really welcome.
For LNER, I used there appears. I was using a 1st Class Rover, and was surprised at how busy 1st Class was. However, using the app meant I got a seat even if not the one I'd like.
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
I will be having the above ticket next month.
can I get a seat reservation for trains before I buy the ticket?
which coaches are reservation free on GWR,LNER, MML, AVANTI ScR?
Any advice really welcome.
For LNER you can use their app or website and chose the specific seat, you don't need a travel ticket with them to do this.

For other operators, I'd suggest using GWR or TPE's website, make an account, and you can then reserve a seat on any reserveable train in GB. The only downside is you cannot chose the specific seat this way, but it's better than nothing.
 

tucker

Member
Joined
6 Oct 2015
Messages
193
if you've started it/finished it, how did you get on with seat reservations? i'm starting one myself the end of the month
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top