• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat reservations in accessible seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUC

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2010
Messages
5,088
Twice recently, once on VTWC and this morning on Grand Central, I have found that the seat reserved with my ticket is an accessible seat for disabled people. Whilst I can use the seat OK, it does concern me that the reservation system is offering such seats and so making them not available to disabled people. Are reservation systems meant to be set to avoid this happening?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,708
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
I don't think so. It would be good if they were, as it also causes disputes if someone needing it more than the reserver shows up, whereas my personal take would be that in a non-priority reserved seat a reserver gets priority, with someone more rightly ejected from an unreserved seat.

Probably worth allowing them to be selected (with suitable warning text about possibly having to give them up) for those who might prefer them for any reason but not be official "priority" e.g. taller people.
 

Dibuzz

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2019
Messages
32
Transpennine usually allocate me a priority seat when I book assistance but said they had all been booked for the train I was taking yesterday and had to reserve me a normal seat of which there were plenty left.
As it happened it was a Nova and didn't run anyway :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top