crispy1978
Member
My wife and I may have to make a daily (M-F) trip from Scarborough to James Cook in the near future (early December) for 3 months (65 days). I think all travel should be off-peak.
There is an alternative of travelling to either Preston, Bolton or Chester and staying with family in Accrington. We probably wouldn't stay in Accrington every weekend - say we travelled home to Scarborough every other weekend (so say 6 weekends out of the 3 months).
My wife has a disabled railcard. I see from the railcard website you can't combine the railcard and season ticket - but obviously the railcard would be OK from Accrington to Scarborough and back.
Which would be the cheapest option - instinct tells me the season ticket, but not sure if advances and ticket splitting from home to James Cook might be an option. There is also the option, if it saves money, of booking to a Travelodge or something similar from Monday to Thursday - but I don't see that being a cheaper option personally unless I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance.
There is an alternative of travelling to either Preston, Bolton or Chester and staying with family in Accrington. We probably wouldn't stay in Accrington every weekend - say we travelled home to Scarborough every other weekend (so say 6 weekends out of the 3 months).
My wife has a disabled railcard. I see from the railcard website you can't combine the railcard and season ticket - but obviously the railcard would be OK from Accrington to Scarborough and back.
Which would be the cheapest option - instinct tells me the season ticket, but not sure if advances and ticket splitting from home to James Cook might be an option. There is also the option, if it saves money, of booking to a Travelodge or something similar from Monday to Thursday - but I don't see that being a cheaper option personally unless I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance.