• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket holder -refund for strikes on 25th December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiescott1

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2019
Messages
1,116
The gwr website states
"
Industrial Action Update: If you have a monthly or longer season ticket, please claim below. after your intended journey, stating a delay of over 120 minutes. This is for the days of strike action: 19, 20 and 26 November.

If you have a Single or Return ticket, you can claim a full refund if you do not travel because of strike action. This is for tickets dated:

  • 19, 20, 21 and 26 November.
  • 13, 14 & 16, 17 December.
  • 24, 25, 26, 27 December.
  • 3, 4 and 6, 7 January"
As a season ticket holder can I really claim compensation for 25th and 26th December when no trains would of run anyway ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
31 Dec 2019
Messages
995
Location
uk
My TOC (GTR) does usually run trains on boxing day on my route so I'm particularly keen so see the answer to this.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,991
Location
Airedale
The gwr website states
"
Industrial Action Update: If you have a monthly or longer season ticket, please claim below. after your intended journey, stating a delay of over 120 minutes. This is for the days of strike action: 19, 20 and 26 November.

....
As a season ticket holder can I really claim compensation for 25th and 26th December when no trains would of run anyway ?
I can't find the page to check but your quotation suggests that the Delay Repay method no longer applies.
You can, however, have a full refund for your Single or Return ticket dated for those days - if you can tell them the time of your intended train :)
 

miklcct

Established Member
Joined
2 May 2021
Messages
5,017
Location
Cricklewood
I can't find the page to check but your quotation suggests that the Delay Repay method no longer applies.
You can, however, have a full refund for your Single or Return ticket dated for those days - if you can tell them the time of your intended train :)
I have refunded my ticket on 25 December as the train I intend to take no longer exist in the timetable.
 

Cantab26

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2016
Messages
1,948
The gwr website states
It would assist if you would please provide a link to the relevant page.
As a season ticket holder can I really claim compensation for 25th and 26th December when no trains would have run anyway ?
What causes you to believe that this might be possible? I see nothing in the quoted text which would invite such an inference.
 

ffm

Member
Joined
20 May 2012
Messages
856
The gwr website states
"
Industrial Action Update: If you have a monthly or longer season ticket, please claim below. after your intended journey, stating a delay of over 120 minutes. This is for the days of strike action: 19, 20 and 26 November.

If you have a Single or Return ticket, you can claim a full refund if you do not travel because of strike action. This is for tickets dated:

  • 19, 20, 21 and 26 November.
  • 13, 14 & 16, 17 December.
  • 24, 25, 26, 27 December.
  • 3, 4 and 6, 7 January"
As a season ticket holder can I really claim compensation for 25th and 26th December when no trains would of run anyway ?
No
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top