• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket/changeover or refund and repurchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishboy

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Messages
5
Hi,

I've a 12 month season ticket between Solihull and Telford Central which is due to expire end of Dec 2015.

As of next week my commute will be the shorter and lower cost Solihull to Wolverhampton. Had a look on the t&c's on National Rail website and am unclear about what I should be asking for when I go to the ticket office to change the ticket. Can I do a "changeover" and therefore avoid an admin charge? Or do I have to request a refund & then repurchase aa new season ticket?

I've also absolutely no idea how to calculate what (hopefully something!) Level of refund I should get.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I don't think a changeover is possible in this case as flows entirely within the Centro area, including some others beyond the boundary, have no National Rail seasons priced. I doubt a changeover to a PTE product would be possible.

The options are either to refund and repurchase (nTrain or nNetwork tickets for relevant zones), or to changeover to a season ticket for a journey not entirely within the zones but covering the journey (nearest workable examples I can find seem to be Solihull - Stafford - £169 pm, or Banbury - Wolverhampton - £398 pm, which are both more expensive than the current ticket held).

The season ticket will have no refund value after 10 months 12 days so by next week it will have virtually no refund value left so refunding it is not going to be cost effective.

Edit:

I have thought of a way to save some money. I will send a PM.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top