First post here so please be gentle!
At the end of December I bought an annual season ticket From Farringdon station for my commute which is Leagrave to Farringdon. The ticket I recieved was Leagrave throught to London TLINK and cost £3224.00 which is what i expected.
I have tried using this ticket at St Pancrass overground on a couple of occasssions and the gates reject it.
It works at Farringdon station Ok so i know the ticket itself is not faulty so I asked at the ticket office and he said that it wont work there because they use different gates with different codes but it is valid.
He said he could cancel the ticket for me with a £10 admin fee and do a refund based on pro-rate of the daily rate and I could buy a new ticket once i receieved the refund.
My question is this. Why should I have to cancel the ticket at a cost to me when it says that it is for between Leagrave and London Thameslink and they sold it to me on that basis? And if I did cancel it I would now have to pay the increased fare!
It does not matter too much to me at present as I get on at Leagrave which does not have barriers and get off at faringdon where it works. However Leagrave are putting barriers in during the Spring and im worried i will have this problem every day then.
They managed to take my 3 grand + off me without any problems but apparently they cant give me a ticket that will work at the barriers without it having to be cancelled and me then having to buy it at Leagrave once i recieve the refund, costing me a couple of hundred quid in the process.
Does this sound right to you seasoned comuters or am i been led up the garden path?
Thanks in advance.
At the end of December I bought an annual season ticket From Farringdon station for my commute which is Leagrave to Farringdon. The ticket I recieved was Leagrave throught to London TLINK and cost £3224.00 which is what i expected.
I have tried using this ticket at St Pancrass overground on a couple of occasssions and the gates reject it.
It works at Farringdon station Ok so i know the ticket itself is not faulty so I asked at the ticket office and he said that it wont work there because they use different gates with different codes but it is valid.
He said he could cancel the ticket for me with a £10 admin fee and do a refund based on pro-rate of the daily rate and I could buy a new ticket once i receieved the refund.
My question is this. Why should I have to cancel the ticket at a cost to me when it says that it is for between Leagrave and London Thameslink and they sold it to me on that basis? And if I did cancel it I would now have to pay the increased fare!
It does not matter too much to me at present as I get on at Leagrave which does not have barriers and get off at faringdon where it works. However Leagrave are putting barriers in during the Spring and im worried i will have this problem every day then.
They managed to take my 3 grand + off me without any problems but apparently they cant give me a ticket that will work at the barriers without it having to be cancelled and me then having to buy it at Leagrave once i recieve the refund, costing me a couple of hundred quid in the process.
Does this sound right to you seasoned comuters or am i been led up the garden path?
Thanks in advance.
