• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket Banbury to Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.

L15

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2014
Messages
6
Before I take the plunge and buy a season ticket between Banbury and Coventry (£3,068). Has anyone got any money saving tips?

I have looked at splitting the ticket at Leamington Spa (Banbury - Leamington Spa - Coventry) but this doesn’t help (£2,188 + £1,416 = £3,604).

I’ve also looked at Kenilworth (Banbury - Kenilworth - Coventry) (£2,292 + £732 = £3,024). This option is cheaper but I’m not sure about the logistics of having two season tickets. Would I be able to use Cross Country direct from Banbury to Coventry if it doesn’t stop at Kenilworth?

Thanks in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
You can use a combination of season tickets and there's no requirement for the train to call at the station where you change from one ticket to the other.

As the stations concerned are int he Gold Card Area the season ticket(s) should be issued on Gold Card stock, or with a Gold Record Card giving other benefits, effectively a defacto railcard across the Gold Card Area.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top