• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Searching for a pre-grouping Christmas advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartacus

Established Member
Joined
25 Aug 2009
Messages
3,833
I wonder if anyone can help me locate a particular railway ad/poster from pre-grouping day. It’s clearly Christmas related as it’s main feature is a portrayal of Father Christmas sat in the train partaking of a meal of Christmas Pudding and perhaps a glass of sherry. It’s particularly notable because Santa’s wearing red, at a time when his costume colour wasn’t yet fixed. He must have enjoyed quite a lot of dinners since then as he’s noticeably slimmer than he’s usually depicted!

Once again, I hope someone can help and thanks for trying. I’ve tried for a while but keep turning up nothing but Santa Specials and Santa-Fe ads!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top