The yellow pages say Permitted Routes from Edinburgh to Paisley Gilmour Street are all on map FD. Map FD allows travel via Carlisle then the Glasgow South Western Line, but no booking engine will allow it, and the National Rail journey planner says you need more than one ticket to go this way.
The Routing Guide instructions define 'doubling back' as 'passing through the same station twice on a single journey,' so this route does not double back anywhere.
My question is am I right and have I indeed found a way to make whopping savings on extortionate Edinburgh to Carlisle fares?
The Routing Guide instructions define 'doubling back' as 'passing through the same station twice on a single journey,' so this route does not double back anywhere.
My question is am I right and have I indeed found a way to make whopping savings on extortionate Edinburgh to Carlisle fares?