jamesontheroad
Established Member
I've crossposted this with the MoneySavingExpert forums, in case I get any help from non-rail folks...
Howdy. Mrs Ontheroad and I are planning a camping / walking trip from Glasgow to Barra / South Uist / North Uist in August.
Since I'm trying to keep the travel budget down, and since we're a bit flexible, I'm planning the trip around the cheapest available train fares from Glasgow to Oban for the outbound and then the cheapest available bus fares from Uig to Glasgow for the return.
However, searching the Citylink website for multiple dates for Uig -> Glasgow on the daily direct service that connects with the ferry from Lochmaddy, I can only ever find one 'Super Single' fare at £12. At the checkout stage I'm asked to choose between 1 x Super Single or 2 x Standard Singles (2 x £38.20).
From my account on Flickr
Do Citylink really only have one Super Single per departure on this route, or does it only allow you to book one at a time? It isn't possible to book 1 x Super Single and 1 x Standard Single in the same go? Or if book just 1 Super Single, will another one then be bookable separately?
Thanks!
Howdy. Mrs Ontheroad and I are planning a camping / walking trip from Glasgow to Barra / South Uist / North Uist in August.
Since I'm trying to keep the travel budget down, and since we're a bit flexible, I'm planning the trip around the cheapest available train fares from Glasgow to Oban for the outbound and then the cheapest available bus fares from Uig to Glasgow for the return.
However, searching the Citylink website for multiple dates for Uig -> Glasgow on the daily direct service that connects with the ferry from Lochmaddy, I can only ever find one 'Super Single' fare at £12. At the checkout stage I'm asked to choose between 1 x Super Single or 2 x Standard Singles (2 x £38.20).
From my account on Flickr
Do Citylink really only have one Super Single per departure on this route, or does it only allow you to book one at a time? It isn't possible to book 1 x Super Single and 1 x Standard Single in the same go? Or if book just 1 Super Single, will another one then be bookable separately?
Thanks!