• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Smiler1

New Member
Joined
12 Jun 2026
Messages
1
Location
Glasgow
Successful DMI for Airdrie - thanks to the many who gave me advice! Happy to pass on any help.

Unsure if Stage 2 assessments or MMI next.
I have a DMI for Airdrie coming up soon. I would appreciate if you could pass on anything that came up during your DMI, or anything in particular worthwhile looking into prior to interview? Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kimbo1990

New Member
Joined
4 Sep 2026
Messages
1
Location
Glaagow
Hello everyone,

Applied to Airdrie Talent bank back in Feb/March and passed the bourdon etc tests I have sat my face to face interview today.

Is anyone in the same boat?
 

soltiire

New Member
Joined
14 Aug 2026
Messages
3
Location
Motherwell
Hey, just wondering if anyone is starting in Motherwell on the 15th of October? Ive done the forms for clothing etc but haven't had any word back about collecting uniform. Just wanted to know if anyone is in the same boat.
 

mcayo

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2026
Messages
7
Location
Glasgow
Hello everyone,

Applied to Airdrie Talent bank back in Feb/March and passed the bourdon etc tests I have sat my face to face interview today.

Is anyone in the same boat?
Good luck mate I applied for airdrie talent bank same time as you but I’m still waiting for first assignment center I’m confused about this process
 

Pobflossy

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2025
Messages
12
Location
Ayrshire
Hi, does anyone know if AC closes over the Christmas period.
I am due to start train driver training in November for 3 months. Cheers
 

henke7

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2018
Messages
233
Hi, does anyone know if AC closes over the Christmas period.
I am due to start train driver training in November for 3 months. Cheers
Nope, some trainers may be in over the Christmas period and others might not be.
 

Cirwin05

Member
Joined
28 Sep 2026
Messages
5
Location
Airdrie
Hi, does anyone know when they think the next assessment centre part 1 days will be. I had an email on the 11th August inviting me to part 1 but I’ve yet to get a follow up for a date. Any ideas would be helpful as I understand it’s quite a long process
 

baylee29

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2026
Messages
10
Location
scotland
Hi, does anyone know when they think the next assessment centre part 1 days will be. I had an email on the 11th August inviting me to part 1 but I’ve yet to get a follow up for a date. Any ideas would be helpful as I understand it’s quite a long process
I’m in the same position , got an email around the same time so I think it’s just a waiting game! How are you getting on with revising?
 

afloattoast

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
100
Location
Ayrshire
Those of us who applied in 2024 our email for the assessment stages had a link to book a date on the only email we got regarding it
 

Cirwin05

Member
Joined
28 Sep 2026
Messages
5
Location
Airdrie
I’m in the same position , got an email around the same time so I think it’s just a waiting game! How are you getting on with revising?
Good mate just been repeating the paper over and over, have you now got a date as I had my email today and have booked my place
 

cmacher

Member
Joined
20 Jun 2026
Messages
5
Location
Glasgow
Hello everyone,

Applied to Airdrie Talent bank back in Feb/March and passed the bourdon etc tests I have sat my face to face interview today.

Is anyone in the same boat?
Hello, just wondering how you got on with your interview and if you've heard anything about the next stage yet?
 

Crayto

Member
Joined
22 Jul 2026
Messages
7
Location
EK
I received the email yesterday to pick a date for the assessment centre. After a selecting a date, I got a bubble appear saying that I will receive a confirmation email shortly. I haven’t received an email. Does anyone know how long it takes. I just want to confirm that’s my date.
 

scottgl

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2025
Messages
37
Location
Glasgow
I received the email yesterday to pick a date for the assessment centre. After a selecting a date, I got a bubble appear saying that I will receive a confirmation email shortly. I haven’t received an email. Does anyone know how long it takes. I just want to confirm that’s my date.

That happened to me about a year or so ago when I did mine. I emailed to confirm, and it turned out something had happened in the system and it hadn’t gone through.

I’d either try and pick again or email them and see if you get the confirmation email this time. It’s usually just a quick, automated confirmation, I think.
 

Crayto

Member
Joined
22 Jul 2026
Messages
7
Location
EK
That happened to me about a year or so ago when I did mine. I emailed to confirm, and it turned out something had happened in the system and it hadn’t gone through.

I’d either try and pick again or email them and see if you get the confirmation email this time. It’s usually just a quick, automated confirmation, I think.
You were right, I have just done it again and selected a new date and this time it worked.

Gutted as I had December selected and now the earliest is March. Thanks for getting back to me though.
 

Thequietman

New Member
Joined
2 Oct 2026
Messages
1
Location
Glasgow
Hello everyone,

Applied to Airdrie Talent bank back in Feb/March and passed the bourdon etc tests I have sat my face to face interview today.

Is anyone in the same boat?
Hello there!

Just got an assessment assigned for Feb next year, and I’ve been informed I’ll be tested on the group Bourdon and TEA-Ooc paper tests.

I’ve been given an assessment booklet to prepare, but outside that do you know where I might find similar practice materials for the test?

Also, is there any advice for when I’m actually doing the test?
 

baylee29

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2026
Messages
10
Location
scotland
I received the email yesterday to pick a date for the assessment centre. After a selecting a date, I got a bubble appear saying that I will receive a confirmation email shortly. I haven’t received an email. Does anyone know how long it takes. I just want to confirm that’s not

Hello there!

Just got an assessment assigned for Feb next year, and I’ve been informed I’ll be tested on the group Bourdon and TEA-Ooc paper tests.

I’ve been given an assessment booklet to prepare, but outside that do you know where I might find similar practice materials for the test?

Also, is there any advice for when I’m actually doing the test?
There’s a lot advice on this page so scroll through the last few months even years of it and it’ll help you , I’m currently practicing for my part 1 too I’ve been using couple books I got off Amazon , the how to become books they’re very good and helpful :)
 

Top