Willie Bee
Member
I am thinking about booking a ticket from Haymarket to Dundee for early in January for my wife and I.
I would have preferred to travel with LNEr to their fantastic seat allocation system. We would obviously like to be seated on the right (going forward) for the better view. However, to give ourselves a little longer in Dundee, I think we'll have to opt for the earlier ScotRail service, at least on the outward run.
Seat allocations are given, but without a seating plan I have no idea where these are. Looking at RTT for this morning's journey the train was 43134 / 43138
I saw somewhere too that getting a train sometimes from Haymarket can be a bit of a nightmare if the train is busy, so we could always start at Edinburgh Waverly if required. Our hotel is near Haymarket, but that's no big deal really.
I would have preferred to travel with LNEr to their fantastic seat allocation system. We would obviously like to be seated on the right (going forward) for the better view. However, to give ourselves a little longer in Dundee, I think we'll have to opt for the earlier ScotRail service, at least on the outward run.
Seat allocations are given, but without a seating plan I have no idea where these are. Looking at RTT for this morning's journey the train was 43134 / 43138
I saw somewhere too that getting a train sometimes from Haymarket can be a bit of a nightmare if the train is busy, so we could always start at Edinburgh Waverly if required. Our hotel is near Haymarket, but that's no big deal really.