LarryRailer
Member
Quite a day of IRROPS (is that a valid rail term?) on the Far North line.
The 0618 southbound from Wick appears to have terminated at Forsinard, at 0727.
The 0700 northbound from Inverness appears to have terminated at Lairg, at 0847) and is now scheduled to start from there, back to Inverness tomorrow morning.
Meanwhile, the 1234 southbound from Wick was cancelled (annoying for me, as was booked on it, but I can see why).
I’m now taking the next train southbound from Wick, due to depart at 1600. It arrived into Wick with 2 carriages, is now formed of 4 carriages, and (according to RTT) will become 8 carriages going forward from Georgemas Junction. Never seen a train this long on the Far North line before, but presume necessary for repositioning? Any experts know?
The 0618 southbound from Wick appears to have terminated at Forsinard, at 0727.
The 0700 northbound from Inverness appears to have terminated at Lairg, at 0847) and is now scheduled to start from there, back to Inverness tomorrow morning.
Meanwhile, the 1234 southbound from Wick was cancelled (annoying for me, as was booked on it, but I can see why).
I’m now taking the next train southbound from Wick, due to depart at 1600. It arrived into Wick with 2 carriages, is now formed of 4 carriages, and (according to RTT) will become 8 carriages going forward from Georgemas Junction. Never seen a train this long on the Far North line before, but presume necessary for repositioning? Any experts know?