BRfares suggests the 26th is indeed a Bank Holiday for the purposes of the Two Together discount. I tried Glasgow to Edinburgh for example and Monday the 26th doesn't appear under the date ranges listed with an 0430-0929 Mon-Fri time restriction:For the purposes of Two Together Railcard validity (only valid M-F after 9.30, any time weekends and bank holidays) does Monday 26th August count as a bank holiday for ScotRail services or not? I couldn't find anything on the Railcard website.
Thanks

If you buy from our website, and travel in accordance with the itinerary provided, we would back you up in the event of a dispute.For the purposes of Two Together Railcard validity (only valid M-F after 9.30, any time weekends and bank holidays) does Monday 26th August count as a bank holiday for ScotRail services or not? I couldn't find anything on the Railcard website.
Thanks
Interesting question, noting that Monday 26th August 2024 isn't a Bank Holiday / Public Holiday in Scotland.For the purposes of Two Together Railcard validity (only valid M-F after 9.30, any time weekends and bank holidays) does Monday 26th August count as a bank holiday for ScotRail services or not? I couldn't find anything on the Railcard website.
Thanks
But was the bank holiday on 5 August treated in Scotland as being applicable for railcards?Interesting question, noting that Monday 26th August 2024 isn't a Bank Holiday / Public Holiday in Scotland.
Some nice cakeism from the banks, I'd expect nothing less from that lot!It is interesting, however, that financial institutions in Scotland observe both the Scottish and English days......
There are public holidays in Glasgow at end of September (September weekend). Fife used to take the Monday following and Edinburgh the Monday before. I don't know how these affect railcard discounts.The Bank/Public holiday situation in Scotland is very confusing! When I first moved up here I had no idea that the days were different from England, and to make matters worse, there are local variations too, such as the Glasgow Fair which has a Holiday Monday in July. It is interesting, however, that financial institutions in Scotland observe both the Scottish and English days......