Giugiaro
Established Member
I don't remember being this eager to know the results of a democratic poll. I ended up sleeping over my phone while I was hearing BBC Radio 5 coverage on the results.
I woke up getting to know the results right away, at 6:30 AM.
Even though this has nothing to do with me, or would affect my current life in any circumstance, it was really interesting to see how people pronounced over the possibility of, by the means of words and a democratic poll, decide being part of a greater nation, or assume their identity and sovereignty.
No won, but democracy had the biggest victory. The people who accepted the challenge and moved to cast their vote are all winners and should be seem as an example, specially in what concerns the EU elections. And I also want to congratulate everyone involved in making the referendum a reality without any significant problems. Just shows the courage, honesty and respect given, unlike what happened in Ukraine and is happening in Spain.
Kind regards to everyone and may the UK keep his confidence in his democracy.
(I know, economical issues are far worse. Because a referêndum over nationalisation of railways could, and should, be the next step.)
I woke up getting to know the results right away, at 6:30 AM.
Even though this has nothing to do with me, or would affect my current life in any circumstance, it was really interesting to see how people pronounced over the possibility of, by the means of words and a democratic poll, decide being part of a greater nation, or assume their identity and sovereignty.
No won, but democracy had the biggest victory. The people who accepted the challenge and moved to cast their vote are all winners and should be seem as an example, specially in what concerns the EU elections. And I also want to congratulate everyone involved in making the referendum a reality without any significant problems. Just shows the courage, honesty and respect given, unlike what happened in Ukraine and is happening in Spain.
Kind regards to everyone and may the UK keep his confidence in his democracy.
(I know, economical issues are far worse. Because a referêndum over nationalisation of railways could, and should, be the next step.)