• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scheduled passenger trains through Toton TMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intercity 225

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2014
Messages
329
Hi,

Are there currently any scheduled passenger services that run through Toton TMD? The last time I was able to travel through it during daylight hours was a few years ago and I'd like to revisit.

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
Hi,

Are there currently any scheduled passenger services that run through Toton TMD? The last time I was able to travel through it during daylight hours was a few years ago and I'd like to revisit.

Thanks

There are a few, some ECS, mostly morning and night. Suggest you look up "Toton Centre" on Real Time Trains which should give you a picture. I've just had a look myself. Select EMT trains.
 
Last edited:

D1009

Established Member
Joined
22 Feb 2012
Messages
3,166
Location
Stoke Gifford
Hi,

Are there currently any scheduled passenger services that run through Toton TMD? The last time I was able to travel through it during daylight hours was a few years ago and I'd like to revisit.

Thanks
Assuming you mean running past Toton TMD rather than through it, there have been diversions of trains on Sundays between Derby and Chesterfield that way for the last few Sundays of which the last was yesterday.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,849
Location
West of Andover
Quoted from http://www.psul4all.free-online.co.uk/2016.htm

Trent East Junction - Toton Centre (53) CJ03
Saturdays:
1E34 0556 Derby - Newcastle
1C90 2320 Sheffield - Derby
Sundays:
1C90 2236 Sheffield - Derby

Attenborough Junction - Toton Centre (53) CJ03
Mondays to Saturdays:
1Y60 2043 SO, 1Y64 2114 SX Nottingham - Sheffield
1L20 2137 Liverpool Lime Street - Nottingham
1Y03 0554 SO / 0603 SX Sheffield - Nottingham
Sundays:
1Y20 1012, 1Y40 1512, 1Y94 2133 Nottingham - Leeds
1L20 2121 Liverpool Lime Street - Nottingham


So the best chance to view it in daylight will probably be the two services Adam mentioned, unless on diversion
 
Last edited:

Class 170101

On Moderation
Joined
1 Mar 2014
Messages
8,664
1E34 and 1Y03 aren't far off being in daylight if they aren't already. Its British Summer Time now you know.:p
 

Aws87024

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2015
Messages
339
Does it offer a decent view of the stored locos travelling via Toton centre? I dont know the area well enough to know exactly which route it takes!
 

D6975

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
3,053
Location
Bristol
1E34 and 1Y03 aren't far off being in daylight if they aren't already. Its British Summer Time now you know.:p

Last week they would have gone through after sunrise.
BST makes it darker in the morning, so for the next few weeks they'll be going through before sunrise.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,942
Location
Fenny Stratford
wait for a diversion between Chesterfield and Derby. I was recently treated to a surprise run that way via an XC HST, which was nice.
 

Intercity 225

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2014
Messages
329
Thanks for the replies. The last time I travelled through there was on the last Northern service of the day from Nottingham during the peak of winter and it was pitch black - I was so disappointed! Good to hear that there's some during daylight hours - looking forward to travelling past/through there again soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top