• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scarborough Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Might go out this weekend if nothing else comes up...
Was thinking of going to Scarborough. Any chance of catching a shiny new 170?
What have they got booked for the 0912 departure from Man Picc?
Thanks :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Hmm, okay, what about the 1537 from Hull then?
Or what's the first 170 from Leeds to Man Picc after 1640?
 

1D53

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
2,896
These are what they worked last week, chances are this is the same (bear in mind these are Mon-Fri diagrams, Sat may be different)

301
ECS Crofton to Hull (with 302)
0732 Hull - Manchester (with 302)
0942 Manchester - Hull (with 302)
1237 Hull - Manchester
1442 Manchester - Hull
1700 Hull - Huddersfield
ECS to Crofton

302
ECS Crofton to Hull (with 301)
0732 Hull - Manchester (with 301)
0942 Manchester - Hull (with 301)
1437 Hull - Manchester (with 158.)
1642 Manchester - Hull (with 158.)
2150 Hull - Manchester
ECS to Crofton

Bear in mind that the Hull run has 4 units and there are 2 170's in use at the moment, so if they are both out there is in theory a 50% chance!

Last Saturday they ran:

5K05 (0444 Crofton-Hull)
1K05 (0733 Hull-Man Picc)
1K08 (0942 Man Picc-Hull)
1K15 (1237 Hull-Man Picc)
1K18 (1442 Man Picc-Hull)
1K25 (1700 Hull-Huddersfield)
5M25 (1837 Huddersfield-Man Picc)

1K11 (1037 Hull-Man Picc)
1K14 (1242 Man Picc-Hull)
1K21 (1539 Hull-Man Picc)
1K24 (1742 Man Picc-Hull)
1K35 (2150 Hull-Man Picc)

If these remain the same then 1K21 is due off Leeds at 1640 bang on.
 

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Ah thankyou :D
Might wait a few weeks then...
There anything [free] going on this weekend?
 

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
Tell you what would be a worthwhile day Gizmogle - do the York-Scarborough, Scarborough-Hull, Hull-Selby/York circular route. Theres a cheap rover available to do this too called the East Yorkshire round robin (11.55 YP), which is valid on a York-York circular (via Scarborough and Hull). Jordy did this a couple of weeks back I believe, its a very cheap way of getting all that mileage!

(http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/promotions/e2a837590a04000201edc30d660dba79.html)
 

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Yeah, I was gonna go to Scarborough and spend some time there and then down to Hull with an hour or so to have a look around and then back from there. I'm on priv :p so it's all free for me! But I dunno, I might wait until there are more 170s about. Thanks though :)
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
Yeah, I was gonna go to Scarborough and spend some time there and then down to Hull with an hour or so to have a look around and then back from there. I'm on priv :p so it's all free for me! But I dunno, I might wait until there are more 170s about. Thanks though :)

Drop me a line when you're going, I could maybe join you for a ride to Scarborough (haven't done it for a while). I live in Cottingham by the way if you didn't know :)

Ah those cliff lifts also bring back memories for me, Scarborough was one of our favourite spots when I was little. We often decided not to ride the cliff lifts mind, as they weren't too cheap when there were 5 of us :p
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
Drop me a line when you're going, I could maybe join you for a ride to Scarborough (haven't done it for a while). I live in Cottingham by the way if you didn't know :)

Ah those cliff lifts also bring back memories for me, Scarborough was one of our favourite spots when I was little. We often decided not to ride the cliff lifts mind, as they weren't too cheap when there were 5 of us :p

Just as a matter of interest, how much are they know? Cannot remember how much they were years ago, my dad used to pay.
 

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
Just as a matter of interest, how much are they know? Cannot remember how much they were years ago, my dad used to pay.

I'm not really sure I rarely go thesedays :(

Are they all still operating? I remember at one point some of them had closed.
 

devon_metro

Established Member
Joined
11 Oct 2005
Messages
7,714
Location
London
Might go out this weekend if nothing else comes up...
Was thinking of going to Scarborough. Any chance of catching a shiny new 170?
What have they got booked for the 0912 departure from Man Picc?
Thanks :)

Are they new inside?

Otherwise the 185s look far more apetising :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top