• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scarborough Line Bridge in York

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Good morning,

All being well I am coming upto York over the August Bank Holiday weekend to do some rail related activities.

I am staying in a BB off Bootham, rather than walking over Lendal Bridge and turning left, I was wondering if there is a footbridge over the river adjacent to the York to Scarborough Railway line. There seem to be footpaths marked on the maps, but they are unclear if these do go over the river?

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crispy1978

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,037
Location
Scarborough
There are paths under the bridge either side of the river, but not one that runs parallel and close to the tracks as far as I'm aware.
 

Tracked

Established Member
Joined
30 May 2011
Messages
1,342
Location
53.5440°N 1.1510°W
there's a footbridge over the river that's part of the York-Scarborough line bridge, yes.

(Never managed to cross it when a train's actually going over it though)
 

CallySleeper

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2006
Messages
1,662
Location
trentbartonland
Yes there is. It can be accessed from the end the northern car park adjacent to platform 2/4. Keep walking until you get to the river, then almost opposite where the path joins the tow path or a little to the left you'll see where it crosses the river. You don't need to walk under the railway bridge.
 

45rpm

Member
Joined
2 Apr 2011
Messages
98
Location
York
I live in York so feel free to PM me if you need any good pubs, restaurants, etc recommending.
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Thank you for the replies, looks that footpath over the bridge will be a useful short cut. :D

45rpm. Are there any decent Wetherspoons or similar in York, I know there is one close to the Station, I think at Blossom Street. ? I have also been to the Lowther down by the river.
 

45rpm

Member
Joined
2 Apr 2011
Messages
98
Location
York
York boasts two Wetherspoons pubs, namely The Punch Bowl on Blossom Street right next to Micklegate Bar & less than 5 minutes walk from the station.

The other is The Postern Gate on Piccadilly which is still in the city centre but only just.

I personally prefer The Punch Bowl as it has always been a pub & has a more traditional ambience.

The Postern Gate is more modern, built around the Millennium & adjacent to a Travelodge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top