• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scans from Auction lot. Steam era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
30 Jun 2009
Messages
1,133
Location
Nottinghamshire
This is the first 5 scans from the auction lot mentioned in other threads.

These photos feature shots taken near Menston in West Yorkshire, I am appealing for help with loco classes to add to the photo information as I am pretty useless with steam loco classes.

I will be constantly updating this thread as I upload more photos. The next set I'm starting on now feature LMS depots taken between 1913 and 1949. EDIT. Some of the depot photos are prints with a copyright, I think ill pass on that set and look at something else.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/3006575/collection?album_id=604228489
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,688
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Oh, CSK, you are spoiling us!
Photo 0001 is of a Hughes/Fowler Crab, as fine a mixed traffic engine as they came.
Photo 0004 looks like it has tapered side-tanks, in which case it's a Fairburn 4MT (if anyone thinks it's straight-sided tanks of a Stanier 4MT, I'm willing to be proven wrong!).
Photo 0005 is the back of an Ivatt 4MT, an ungainly looking beast.

There are some cracking examples of LMS period 3 corridor stock in your scanned shots!
 
Joined
30 Jun 2009
Messages
1,133
Location
Nottinghamshire
There is some cracking stuff, I feel very lucky to have it, I just wish it was quicker to get them online for everyone to see. Most of it is steam and like I mentioned before I am very limited on my knowledge of classes of steam so expect a few more messages of this nature asking for help!


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Album updated and renamed. Photos added are 0006 - 0029 featuring steam locos at Nottingham, Derby, Crewe and Rugby.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/3006575/collection?album_id=604228489

Again, anyone who can put the loco class to the photo would be helping me out hugely!

More to follow.........


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Added photos 0030 - 0036 featuring 46115 'Scots Guardsman'

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/3006575/collection?album_id=604228489
 
Last edited:

Vulcan

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2009
Messages
712
Location
Seaton, Devon
#3 is a bunch of 108s
not sure what all the 4-6-0s are, but I wish I did, they look very nice.
#30 is of course a Royal Scot
#36 is a Jubilee
 

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,688
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
This is rather fun! The LMS 4-6-0 engines with long splashers are, I think, Claughton and Rebuilt Claughton. I do believe a number of the Fowler Patriot class were simply new boilers and cylinders on existing Claughton frames.

And I haven't even got to your second page yet...!

OK, now I have...
Looks like more Claughtons before the shots of Scots Guardsman.
0035 is our preserved Gresley V2 4771 / 60800 'Green Arrow'.
And I agree that 0036 is a 5XP Jubilee.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top