SussexSeagull
Member
It has been suggested that train staff won't work Saturday due to Football Fans.Where has that been suggested, please?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Absolutely. This mirrors my experience too. It’s a minority but a very vociferous one. Rather than getting offended football fans would do better to ensure that they and those they travel with are part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
I can only speak from personal experience - which is fast becoming out of date as I don't get trains to football at the moment - but the worst I see is people being noisy. The worst I have seen returning from a football match was going back through Three Bridges and two groups of youths decided to get stuck into each other. They were absolutely nothing to do with football.
Part of the problem is due to colours football fans stick out. Me not wearing colours minding my own business on an early evening train back to Euston working my way through whatever I got from Marks and Spencers at Lime Street or Piccadilly goes unnoticed.
If football fans or anyone are genuinely causing problems then it is a Police matter.