• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Salzburg to Münich

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteb

Established Member
Joined
30 Mar 2011
Messages
1,698
I'm travelling Salzburg to Münich tomorrow. DB has advised my booked train IC407 dep 0833 is cancelled, so I'm reviewing two options: RE79016 dep 0805 or Westbahn 960 dep 0839.

Does anyone know if the RE is loco hauled or a unit?

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peterthegreat

Established Member
Joined
22 Feb 2021
Messages
1,800
Location
South Yorkshire
I'm travelling Salzburg to Münich tomorrow. DB has advised my booked train IC407 dep 0833 is cancelled, so I'm reviewing two options: RE79016 dep 0805 or Westbahn 960 dep 0839.

Does anyone know if the RE is loco hauled or a unit?

Thanks.
RE is now a unit.
 

peteb

Established Member
Joined
30 Mar 2011
Messages
1,698
Is Railjet running? They're loco-hauled.
Yes but not at the right time for me! Plenty of loco hauled IC and regional OBB trains seen at Salzburg, plus night jets. Taken the unit in the end as that offers best connection at Münich.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top