rattyben
Member
I might have misunderstood this query. Has the battery/off wire range of these units been specified? Has the minimum unit length been set (eg 2, 3 or 4 carriages)
Regarding the North East, it will depend how much time they need under the wires to run for the day. Am I right in thinking that all the “North East stock” ends the day under electrified wires at Darlington and Heaton?
I think the Lancaster-Morecambe and Leeds-Morecambe are contenders.
Blackpool-York is a contender with electrification at either end by the time these units arrive. Blackpool South, Ormskirk and Colne operations might make it depending on range
CLC line Liverpool-Warrington-Manchester is a contender.
mods note - split from this thread
Northern New Fleet and Cascade allocations (speculation).
I figured this needed its own thread. Will the North East get more 158s or the new MMUs? They have said new trains would arrive in the North East by 2030/31. That’s an email I got back from them with regards this question in May. Why would the North East need the MMU's quite early on...
Tees Valley Combined Authority has just given Network Rail £800k to build a business case for electrifying Saltburn to Northallerton via Middlesbrough.
“Network Rail has been awarded an £800,460 contract by the Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA) to develop a business case for electrification of the line between Northallerton and Saltburn.
The Combined Authority’s Mayor and Cabinet agreed on the project in March 2024.”
Source: https://www.railmagazine.com/news/n...s-case-for-middlesbrough-line-electrification
Last edited:
