• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Salisbury to Exeter full service restored

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandroid

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2014
Messages
2,569
Location
Hampshire
I read in a Salisbury local paper that full service is restored from there to Exeter. Does this have any knock-effects (+ve I wish) on the service between Salisbury and Waterloo? I'm one that finds the pandemic service reductions that we've endured to be rather tedious.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2019
Messages
4,485
I read in a Salisbury local paper that full service is restored from there to Exeter. Does this have any knock-effects (+ve I wish) on the service between Salisbury and Waterloo? I'm one that finds the pandemic service reductions that we've endured to be rather tedious.

No change between Salisbury and Waterloo. The off-peak stopping service terminating at Basingstoke is locked into the NRC service specification.

SWR did have a proposal for this December to run some extra trains to Waterloo but this was discounted on a cost basis. Revenue and Passenger Numbers are still very much down on SWR.

 

Jim

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,490
Location
Wick
Land slide between Honiton and Axminster reported this morning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top