• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Saint Pancras to Nottingham tomorrow - 22 June 2026

Lime

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2024
Messages
30
Location
North
Hi all,

I booked an advance ticket from Saint pancras to Nottingham on the 2135 train tomorrow. With the unfortunate accident I was wondering what train is permissable to take the next week for people having to travel with an emr advance ticket. I see on national rail enquiries that Nottingham bound travellers should take the lner to Grantham then take an EMR to Nottingham, however which time trains would one on an advance ticket be allowed to make? Additionally I have onward travel to Beeston, is it possible to instead take a train to Tamworth and then an cc to Beeston to minimise changes? Thanks in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,991
Location
Airedale
As there's no specific guidance for Beeston, I can't see you would have a problem going via Tamworth (I assume you have a ticket for the Beeston leg, or could buy one?).

As for time, it would be reasonable to travel to reach your destination no later than your original schedule, and to allow a bit extra for unexpected delays.
 

Failed Unit

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Messages
9,811
Location
Central Belt
When you read what EMR have on their website, it seems like this would be acceptable. They state other operators are aware of the situation. If you are going a sensible route I can’t see you getting challenged. It would be a very hard RPI that would take issue as long as you are not going via Reading or Norwich (as extreme examples)
 

CW2

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2020
Messages
2,231
Location
Crewe
I would suggest:
Euston dep 2046
Tamworth arr 2207 dep 2227
Beeston arr 2319

I would expect all staff to be aware of the lifting of ticket restrictions.
 

Lime

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2024
Messages
30
Location
North
Do you think I can go on Tuesday morning instead? I'm looking at trains leaving from 2135 that would get me to beeston on the same day and I don't think there is a valid route via Grantham
 

Failed Unit

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Messages
9,811
Location
Central Belt
Is it just the extra change at Nottingham that is a concern for you? looks like it will be no more then 10 minutes if you do Kings Cross —> Grantham —> Nottingham —> Beeston. I could not find any direct trains between Grantham and Beeston.

The other option would be to do London - Lincoln and then Lincoln - Beeston. However looking at this as an example

0843 London arrives Lincoln at 1035 then 1042 Lincoln - Beeston 1159. This may not be the best option, when you could change twice or taxi between the Newark Stations.
 

Lime

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2024
Messages
30
Location
North
I don't think there is a direct from Grantham to Beeston, they seem to skip it in favour of long Eaton to be fair.

So I think the 2140 from KGX to Grantham won't be enough, as the last train to Nottingham will have gone meaning the last train is at 2108 I can get to Grantham to get the 2220 to Nottingham then the 2320 to Beeston.

Alternative is of course from Euston to get the 2046 to Tamworth then the 2227 to Beeston.

These are all departing before my original 2135 time so I suppose I could take an early train on Tuesday morning?
 

Failed Unit

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Messages
9,811
Location
Central Belt
The official guidance is to stay as close to your booked departure. Maybe best messaging them for confirmation but I don’t see why an early train on Tuesday should be a problem. Afterall, if whatever you are going doesn’t finish intime to get you to Euston, then it isn’t your fault you need to go the following day.
 

Top