• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ryanair November £2 promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
I received an email earlier which I deleted as of no use to me but worthy of sharing

Ryanair are offering seats for £2 each way on Tuesday and Wednesday's in November to selected destinations.

I've just had a play around and had a 80% success rate for Wednesday 9th on finding the £2 fare, including several Bristol departures. Return journeys the following Tuesday and Wednesday for my selected 5 routes had a 100% success.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Owen T

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2016
Messages
34
There is always a way that you pay the rest of the fare somewhere, such as having luggage, wanting to use the toilet or even wearing clothes on the flight!!
 

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Joined
22 Sep 2013
Messages
7,691
There is always a way that you pay the rest of the fare somewhere, such as having luggage, wanting to use the toilet or even wearing clothes on the flight!!

No there isn't. There's no charge to use the toilet and there's no need to take luggage that has to be paid for.

I've used Ryanair about 200 times, with no problems at all.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,544
Location
LBK
Ryanair are great as long as you get a good price. No need for anyone to be snobby about them at all. They opened up Europe to me as a skint 20 year old.
 

Hornet

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2013
Messages
748
Did the annual Christmas Pressie run last weekend with FR on the DUB-LGW-DUB route. €20 all in. On time both ways, (as is normal nearly every time i've flown with them, unlike BMI in their prime). Rucksack and Carrier Bag on board for free. Cheaper than postage! Could have flown DUB-LHR-DUB as it's nearer my final destination, but i'm not paying LHR €65 just to pass through security.
 
Last edited:

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,623
Location
Isle of Man
Ryanair are great as long as you get a good price. No need for anyone to be snobby about them at all.

I've never had a problem in all the years I've flown Ryanair, never had a cancellation and only had a couple of late flights, EasyJet have been less reliable with more delays.

I don't understand the sniffiness towards the yellow lot. Even when they had the sod off attitude to customer service is wasn't much different to other airlines; Lufthansa addressed a complaint I had in flowery language, but the effect was still to tell me to naff off.

I just had a day trip to Dublin on this deal for £28, and that included paying for seat selection as I didn't fancy being in the middle.
 

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Joined
22 Sep 2013
Messages
7,691
I've never had a problem in all the years I've flown Ryanair, never had a cancellation and only had a couple of late flights, EasyJet have been less reliable with more delays.

I don't understand the sniffiness towards the yellow lot. Even when they had the sod off attitude to customer service is wasn't much different to other airlines; Lufthansa addressed a complaint I had in flowery language, but the effect was still to tell me to naff off.

I just had a day trip to Dublin on this deal for £28, and that included paying for seat selection as I didn't fancy being in the middle.

The only Ryanair cancellation I've had in 15+ years is when that volcanic ash stopped most flights. A refund was made within days.
The usual rants about Ryanair are from those who have never even flown with them, or expect 5 star luxury for what can be a ridiculously small fare.
 

shredder1

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2016
Messages
3,141
Location
North Manchester
I use Ryanair a lot, we just missed the £2 November offer, I`m booked with them to fly out to Budapest for a rail tour, 2nd Feb £20 and fly back a week later from Berlin £15, I use a standard carry on approved rucksack and separate camera top loader bag, both now allowed
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
I've used them regularly for Bristol to Chania to visit my Grandad. Never had a problem, never needed to pay for luggage. I take my regulation hand luggage - Ryanair allow 1 bigger hand luggage 55x40x20cm roughly and one smaller bag. When staying with my granddad I only need 2-3 days clothes as can wash a set each day so a hand luggage is more than enough. Travellign along so don't care about pre selecting a seat or early boarding (who actually pays for that, you'll get on the plane anyway!)
 

BestWestern

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2011
Messages
6,736
How do they actually make money? I wonder what the rough profit margin is on the average aircraft.
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
How do they actually make money? I wonder what the rough profit margin is on the average aircraft.

Sales, add ons etc. I once remarked they'd tried selling me everything except the aircraft itself.

Priority boarding- free money for them and whenever I fly at least 20 people using it, so at £20 a go, that's £400 a flight.

Inflated prices onbaord- people pay it - £1.50 for a bag of crisps, £2 for a can of coke. you get the idea.

They try sell you parking, hotels, coach travel etc all on I imagine decent commission.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,623
Location
Isle of Man
Ryanair have a very good revenue yield model, the promo deals are on flights that wouldn't be busy otherwise, usually midweek daytime flights in the winter. Go somewhere where they don't have competition- Derry in Northern Ireland as an example- and you'll pay £100+.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,544
Location
LBK
Ryanair have a very good revenue yield model, the promo deals are on flights that wouldn't be busy otherwise, usually midweek daytime flights in the winter. Go somewhere where they don't have competition- Derry in Northern Ireland as an example- and you'll pay £100+.

How far in advance? I've never had to pay more than about £20 for Derry, and I've had it for £9.99 before. That's a few months in advance.
 

LordCreed

Member
Joined
28 May 2014
Messages
433
I use them a lot when I go out to Germany or Spain. For £9.99 each way can hardly complain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top