Why should the non-rail/transport sections of this site be shuttered due to such disagreements? I certainly don't see this thread as a means to facilitate a personal dispute with anyone else and using that on it's own as justification for getting rid of entire sections of the site is pretty flimsy imo, especially when the vast majority of users here abide by the forum rules. Rather, to me at least, such a suggestion smacks of 'I don't like these people's opinions. Get rid of part of the site so they can't openly express them, period.'
Alternatively, it may be for the best you stop reading/contributing to this thread if it's really bothering you this much rather than punishing those who are using it to keep up to date with the conflict's latest developments and nothing more by jettisoning this part of the site altogether.
And for the record, when such contributions consist almost entirely of flagrant half-truths, bald-faced lies and pro-Putin propaganda copied/pasted almost word-for-word, you should've known before hitting 'post reply' they'd be called out for what they were. It only becomes a slanging match if those involved decide to respond to each other in a manner befitting that phrase. What I've seen in this thread falls far short of that definition for the most part and is for the most part cordial and respectful; I've seen far worse on other forums.
Some of it is a tad blunt and on the nose (no disrespect to anyone here I should stress), but when one trades in reality and fact-based research (crucial for a topic as serious as this one), it's something I'll willingly tolerate.