• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Running out of sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2006
Messages
4,505
Location
DTOS A or B
Maybe it has more to do with unit type?

I saw a couple of 465/466 and 375/377 going the other way that didn't appear to be having any difficulty at all...

Give me a 465 over a 319 anyday. (and a 375 over both).

Give me a 319 all day long over 377's. I'll try and answer as much as I can. 319's use smart sanders which will work in all brake steps and can be manually applied while taking power. Sand hoppers are located on 3/4 coaches.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

High Dyke

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2013
Messages
5,017
Location
Yellabelly Country
So now that I can use the PC I've found the following information

The original train was 2E65
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/W44352/2013/12/06/advanced

It terminated at bellingham 23 mins late at 0840.
5 minutes later 5E65 was scheduled to start from Bellingham for Criklewood Depot
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O44764/2013/12/06/advanced

It actually left 9 minutes after that
Given the similarity of the numbers I assume that this is the now empty train heading to the depot.

Also it looks like some of the fast trains that ought to have been behind us were re-routed via the CML.

Am I close or should I give up?
That's bang on. The train did run as 5E65 from Bellingham - Cricklewood Depot.

I couldn't find any relevant infirmation about sanding equipment in the rule book, but did find this on the Railway Group Standards (RGS) website.

http://www.rgsonline.co.uk/Railway_...ck/Railway Group Standards/GMRT2461 Iss 1.pdf

Sanding Equipment Fitted to Multiple Units and On-Track Machines
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,875
Of course in reality the leaves don't stop falling at 23:59:59 on November the 30th, but those in offices who make the decisions believe that they do...
.

No we don't. We believe the leaves stop falling when there's none left on the trees, and plan accordingly.

One complication is that the treatment trains deployed south of the river have to go off to be refitted for winter; a careful balancing act required when autumn and winter overlap.
 

A-driver

Established Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
4,482
No we don't. We believe the leaves stop falling when there's none left on the trees, and plan accordingly.

One complication is that the treatment trains deployed south of the river have to go off to be refitted for winter; a careful balancing act required when autumn and winter overlap.

Well the treatment trains stopped on the GN, they appeared again yesterday after Thursday.
 

talltim

Established Member
Joined
17 Jan 2010
Messages
2,454
OK, what decision would you make if it was down to you, given the timetable for the RHTT has to be prepared months in advance?

I would make the decision that the timetable for the RHTT doesn't have to prepared months in advance
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
I would make the decision that the timetable for the RHTT doesn't have to prepared months in advance

So how are you going to reconfiger the trains for de-icing then?
They got caught out last year because the frost followed immediately after leaf fall, the result was there was only one de-icing train available and we were sparking all over the network.

There has to be timetable otherwise the train wont be correctly configured, neither will the appropriate staff be in place.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top