Of course, the current title for this group of suburban services is derived from the pre-grouping operator of the East Coast main line out of Kings Cross, the Great Northern Railway.Cambridgeshire isn't particularly Northern...
Yeah but with that come some very complicated fares
FCC trains are not the cleanest trains on the network nor the prettiest but that's not simply down to first
Really??? Other companies manage to keep their trains reasonably clean.
EDIT: A mop and bucket and a hoover of the interior would work wonders! I understand the outside might be more of a PITA.
And lots of bio-hazard kits, especially for units that have been working late Friday and Saturday evening services
So the guardian are basing their decision to give a franchise to a group purely because they might not get anything else?
They were quoting an analyst at Merrill Lynch.
Go Ahead (Govia) is also, like First, an incumbent (of the Southern half of the new franchise).
I know it is only the beginning of May, but when is it likely the winner of the Thameslink franchise will be announced? Is it usually beginning or end of the month?
I'd still like to see Southern (GOVIA) win it because they seem to actually take passenger comments into account and make themselves available at Management level. How many MD's and timetable guys turn up to meet the Manager monthly sessions at Stations on a regular basis.
I'd still like to see Southern (GOVIA) win it......
Probably because they might lose their jobs.....A few Southern employees also have mentioned to me they don't want to work for First but I don't know very many so perhaps that is just a minority opinion. Fortunately all but top managers are TUPE'd over
Announcement must be imminent now, surely? I haven't heard a squeak in terms of who may win it.
Latest from the rumour mill is the franchise winner will be announced after the EU elections, as the is a conflict of some kind.
Latest from the rumour mill is the franchise winner will be announced after the EU elections, as the is a conflict of some kind.
I have heard a fairly trustworthy rumour that (at least part of) the reason for the delayed announcement is that first groups legal team are picking the DfTs decision apart. If this is true then it sounds like first group have not been awarded it (I doubt they would take these steps of they had). This rumour comes from a friend who works in Hertford house but I will stress that it is not official, just rumour and that this friend isn't in a senior position so has heard it themselves as a "reliable rumour". I tend not to believe railway rumour but I'm not dismissing this one yet.
Latest from the rumour mill is the franchise winner will be announced after the EU elections, as the is a conflict of some kind.
UKIP has won the franchise?
I have heard a fairly trustworthy rumour that (at least part of) the reason for the delayed announcement is that first groups legal team are picking the DfTs decision apart. If this is true then it sounds like first group have not been awarded it (I doubt they would take these steps of they had). This rumour comes from a friend who works in Hertford house but I will stress that it is not official, just rumour and that this friend isn't in a senior position so has heard it themselves as a "reliable rumour". I tend not to believe railway rumour but I'm not dismissing this one yet.
Latest from the rumour mill is the franchise winner will be announced after the EU elections, as the is a conflict of some kind.