I am part of a group which meets weekly to keep part of the old Rugby - Leamington line looking presentable. It's known as the Cawston Greenway and is well-used by walkers, dog-walkers and cyclists. We keep the vegetation in check and have put in a few benches and picnic tables.
We thought it would be nice to put (quarter-)mileposts back in, ideally to an authentic design and in their original locations, but I am having great difficulty finding out about either. Does anyone on here have any information, photos or suggestions of places I could look please?
This section of line was not closed by Beeching - it was open for freight until 1985, and the track was only lifted in 1987.
Further down the line (SW from Marton) it is now a really good cycle route put in by Sustrans, but our end remains in sylvan slumber for now.
Thanks - Martin T
We thought it would be nice to put (quarter-)mileposts back in, ideally to an authentic design and in their original locations, but I am having great difficulty finding out about either. Does anyone on here have any information, photos or suggestions of places I could look please?
This section of line was not closed by Beeching - it was open for freight until 1985, and the track was only lifted in 1987.
Further down the line (SW from Marton) it is now a really good cycle route put in by Sustrans, but our end remains in sylvan slumber for now.
Thanks - Martin T