• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rtc west scotland mini tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
HI,

Did anybody do the 3 day RTC Steam tours back in September from Liverpool to GLA, Fort William, Mallaig & Oban. & If so, what was it like, was there good running etc? It sounded very good, but I did not have enough days leave left to do that, (I only get 20). Going to Oban was a bit unusual. If it was good and they do it next year I quite fancy it. Rgds.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
I didn't do it but there was a lot of talk at the time about the various problems encountered on this year's train.
To be fair, RTC usually do a good job running tours and I wouldn't let what happened this year put you off but it certainly was a good one to miss!
Have a look at Railway Herald Issue 238, there was a full report in there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top