I noticed the new easement below referred to in another thread. This confirms rumours from months ago that Roydon southbound would be closed when they upgrade the platform.
When this work was announced last summer there were rumours that the station would close, but as far as I am aware GA did not comment. The consultation by London Travelwatch (http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news/view?id=547) also did not refer to it.
There is now a note on the GA website, which I did not notice when I looked at Jan engineering work a few days ago, anyone know when it went up?
A search on twitter suggests the poster at the station only went up about a week ago. And even this morning GA twitter said they did not know anything about it.
Is it just me, or is the lack of publicity for this pretty significant closure inadequate? Or did I miss some publicity about this?
I thought there was a rule about timetable changes having to be confirmed 12 weeks in advance?
For engineering work the following temporary easement has been published impacting journeys from Roydon to/via London Liverpool Street
Easement added
700603: Due to engineering works that will close the London bound platform at Roydon (Essex) between 02 January 2016 and 28 February 2016, this positive doubleback easement will allow journeys from Roydon to and onward via London Liverpool Street to doubleback at Harlow Town. The platform for journeys to Roydon from London is not affected by these works, and therefore the easement applies in only the London bound direction
When this work was announced last summer there were rumours that the station would close, but as far as I am aware GA did not comment. The consultation by London Travelwatch (http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news/view?id=547) also did not refer to it.
There is now a note on the GA website, which I did not notice when I looked at Jan engineering work a few days ago, anyone know when it went up?
A search on twitter suggests the poster at the station only went up about a week ago. And even this morning GA twitter said they did not know anything about it.
Is it just me, or is the lack of publicity for this pretty significant closure inadequate? Or did I miss some publicity about this?
I thought there was a rule about timetable changes having to be confirmed 12 weeks in advance?
For engineering work the following temporary easement has been published impacting journeys from Roydon to/via London Liverpool Street
Easement added
700603: Due to engineering works that will close the London bound platform at Roydon (Essex) between 02 January 2016 and 28 February 2016, this positive doubleback easement will allow journeys from Roydon to and onward via London Liverpool Street to doubleback at Harlow Town. The platform for journeys to Roydon from London is not affected by these works, and therefore the easement applies in only the London bound direction
