• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route 474 - Canning Town to Manor Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
I have the rather infrequent joy(sarcasm) of catching buses in London every so often - and I detest it - but the last week I have had to catch the 474 service.

Is there any reason whatsoever that the buses on this service are the brightest and cleanest buses I have ever ridden on in London?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,760
Location
Yorkshire
I have the rather infrequent joy(sarcasm) of catching buses in London every so often - and I detest it - but the last week I have had to catch the 474

What's wrong with catching buses in London? They tend to be better than in many parts of the UK.

I'm not aware of anything special about the 474.
 

BuhSnarf

Member
Joined
22 May 2010
Messages
860
Location
Leicester
I tend to find buses in London tend to normally be a lot cleaner than the ones up here. Well, depending on the area they travel through.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
What's wrong with catching buses in London? They tend to be better than in many parts of the UK.

I'm not aware of anything special about the 474.

I just dont like buses.

The contrast between that and either a 51 or 53 ive also had to ride on in the same week is massive in the presentation. both the ones on this sentence were dirty and lots of grafitti but the 2 474's I travelled on were sparkling. I mean properly clean. I only noticed it because they really were that clean compared to just about every other bus I have ever used
 

christopher

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2006
Messages
410
Location
Over there
Probably because the Garage they're run from has decided to give them a wash after all the snow etc.

I know a lot of buses atm are going around dirty because the garages can't wash them because either;

a) The wash has frozen/will freeze up
b) To stop the buses themselves freezing up (Wipers, doors etc)

But they should start getting cleaner again now the weathers getting (slightly) warmer!
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Sorry, the outsides can be filthy especially as they go past the crossrail worksite all day long I mean the insides of them. If anyone is bothered next time your around that area go and sit on one. Im still amazed :)
 

christopher

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2006
Messages
410
Location
Over there
I was on one just yesterday as it happens and they are quite clean....

You must of just had some dodgy buses as the one's around my end of London are in the same sort of condition of the 474's buses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top