paddington
Member
- Joined
- 19 Feb 2013
- Messages
- 964
I gather that there have been some recent timetable changes that make this a bit difficult.
I want to do the Dublin-Rosslare line as well as the line between Pembroke Dock and Whitland. (I've completed the rest of South Wales already)
As I'm going to Dublin in 2 weeks' time, but haven't booked my return to London, I was wondering if I could complete the Pembroke bit without having to spend time and money travelling from London to west Wales and back.
The problem is that if I want to take the train from Dublin to Rosslare, I have to either stay in Rosslare until the morning ferry, or take the evening ferry to Pembroke which arrives at 1am with nowhere to go until the first train at 7am (10am on Sunday). Alternatively Fishguard which at least means I can get the late train to Swansea, a biggish city where I could walk around for a few hours (not so bad at this time of the year when it's not cold and gets bright at ~4am). Or perhaps I could even take the silly 0237 train to and from Fishguard.
Any ideas or suggestions?
I want to do the Dublin-Rosslare line as well as the line between Pembroke Dock and Whitland. (I've completed the rest of South Wales already)
As I'm going to Dublin in 2 weeks' time, but haven't booked my return to London, I was wondering if I could complete the Pembroke bit without having to spend time and money travelling from London to west Wales and back.
The problem is that if I want to take the train from Dublin to Rosslare, I have to either stay in Rosslare until the morning ferry, or take the evening ferry to Pembroke which arrives at 1am with nowhere to go until the first train at 7am (10am on Sunday). Alternatively Fishguard which at least means I can get the late train to Swansea, a biggish city where I could walk around for a few hours (not so bad at this time of the year when it's not cold and gets bright at ~4am). Or perhaps I could even take the silly 0237 train to and from Fishguard.
Any ideas or suggestions?