TFT YouTube
Member
Is there anywhere that is currently selling unwanted/disused rolling stock for a reasonable price?
I see some of the Class 18s are for sale if not all of them?Romic are/were offering Class 150s, Class 156s, Class 317s and Class 321s on behalf of the owners, but they are all now "currently unavailable".
Used railway and railroad locomotives and multiple units for sale
Details of current railway / railroad locomotives and multiple units offered for sale on the world market by ROMIC Group.www.romicgroup.com
HSTs, on the other hand, are available. Romic have already exported them to Mexico and Nigeria.
![]()
High speed diesel-electric locomotives for sale
Details of UK Class 43 diesel-electric high speed locomotives for sale by ROMIC Group.www.romicgroup.com
Romic don't publish prices. Presumably they'll give quotations in response to enquiries from serious (in their opinion) buyers.
I did see them but they'll probably be gone if they aren't already and I haven't a clue how I'd get 10-20k (apparently that's the price) in a matter of daysTanet Valley Railway are selling some Class 143s, no clue on price unfortunately.Tanat Valley Railway Selling Class 143s
Just came across a post on Facebook from the railway with the following advert attached: Seems that the Tanet Valley Railway are selling off three class 143s and spares for "offers above scrap value". Wonder if they will go to scrap or be kept operational...www.railforums.co.uk
The Traction & Rolling Stock Advertiser has now been in production for over twenty five years and is regarded as one of the main sources of information for people in many parts of the railway industry.
Putting this with your opening message I suspect your idea of a 'reasonable price' is vastly different from the reality of a 'reasonable price' - which is £10-20k (ish).I did see them but they'll probably be gone if they aren't already and I haven't a clue how I'd get 10-20k (apparently that's the price) in a matter of days
What would you consider to be a 'reasonable price'?I did see them but they'll probably be gone if they aren't already and I haven't a clue how I'd get 10-20k (apparently that's the price) in a matter of days
It's 46035 and I think harry needle bought itPete Waterman is selling a 25 and a 45 I think it was.
I suspect that this is where the owners of 45 015 at Shackerstone and the two 60s which were moved from the Wensleydale Railway to Kinsley probably came unstuck. Sadly, I imagine that their only future lies as sources of spare parts at knock-down prices....and doubly-sadly as 60 050 was the first of the class that I ever drove.Putting this with your opening message I suspect your idea of a 'reasonable price' is vastly different from the reality of a 'reasonable price' - which is £10-20k (ish).
Buying the train is the cheap part anyway. You'll spend magnitudes more moving, maintaining and restoring it, unless you want it to rot away.
And paying for where you decide to keep it in some cases.Putting this with your opening message I suspect your idea of a 'reasonable price' is vastly different from the reality of a 'reasonable price' - which is £10-20k (ish).
Buying the train is the cheap part anyway. You'll spend magnitudes more moving, maintaining and restoring it, unless you want it to rot away.
I was always curious what would happen with those two 60s…I suspect that this is where the owners of 45 015 at Shackerstone and the two 60s which were moved from the Wensleydale Railway to Kinsley probably came unstuck. Sadly, I imagine that their only future lies as sources of spare parts at knock-down prices....and doubly-sadly as 60 050 was the first of the class that I ever drove.
Fair enough. What's the plan for it?It's 46035 and I think harry needle bought it