lukemc1980
New Member
- Joined
- 21 Oct 2009
- Messages
- 3
Hi,
My name is Luke and I am new to this forum I always like travelling by train I am from Liverpool I have a Disabled Person's railcard and a Merseytravel free travel pass. Anyway just a few questions about rolling stock and service frequencies on services out of Liverpool Lime Street in the past (e.g. in the 1980s especially) - what sort of stock would you typically expect on a service from Liverpool to Warrington via Allerton, West Allerton, Hunts Cross etc. in the 60s/70s/80s - was this route mainly worked by Heritage DMUs like class 101 before the Sprinters and Pacers replaced them and when could you last get a Heritage DMU on this route - could they appear on this route into the 90s? What was the frequency of this service in those days was 1tph or 2tph as it is today and did the service call at all stations to Warrington Central? Also I know there was a Liverpool-Crewe stopping service worked by Class 304 electrics (I travelled on them a few times in the early 90s to/from Allerton as an alternative to the Merseyrail EMUs from Garston) when did those trains leave this service and how frequent was this service? Also a question regarding the service frequency of the Liverpool LS - London Euston service over the years when was the last time steam traction was used on this service and during the steam hauled days (1960s and before) what would be the typical formation of the train, how frequent was the service and what where the calling points of the service - did the trains always call at Runcorn and Crewe and did any London services ever call at Mossley Hill as I thought I read once?
Luke
My name is Luke and I am new to this forum I always like travelling by train I am from Liverpool I have a Disabled Person's railcard and a Merseytravel free travel pass. Anyway just a few questions about rolling stock and service frequencies on services out of Liverpool Lime Street in the past (e.g. in the 1980s especially) - what sort of stock would you typically expect on a service from Liverpool to Warrington via Allerton, West Allerton, Hunts Cross etc. in the 60s/70s/80s - was this route mainly worked by Heritage DMUs like class 101 before the Sprinters and Pacers replaced them and when could you last get a Heritage DMU on this route - could they appear on this route into the 90s? What was the frequency of this service in those days was 1tph or 2tph as it is today and did the service call at all stations to Warrington Central? Also I know there was a Liverpool-Crewe stopping service worked by Class 304 electrics (I travelled on them a few times in the early 90s to/from Allerton as an alternative to the Merseyrail EMUs from Garston) when did those trains leave this service and how frequent was this service? Also a question regarding the service frequency of the Liverpool LS - London Euston service over the years when was the last time steam traction was used on this service and during the steam hauled days (1960s and before) what would be the typical formation of the train, how frequent was the service and what where the calling points of the service - did the trains always call at Runcorn and Crewe and did any London services ever call at Mossley Hill as I thought I read once?
Luke