modernrail
Established Member
- Joined
- 26 Jul 2015
- Messages
- 1,462
I am not a railway professional (like Grayling - I don't even run the trains) and so forgive any incorrect terminology.
I have been caught up in the mess in West Yorkshire area twice, once when I think lightening hit the ROC and once when there was a power cut.
I was stick at Victoria the other night when a lineside fire meant the signal box (not sure whether that is an ROC?) had to be evacuated.
As these new ROC assets control vast areas, have we not created a single point of failure in such circumstances? Is the contingency planning and are the back-up power and other critical systems sufficient to acknowledge the critical importance of the asset?
My feeling is no from what I have experienced. A power cut in one place for instance should absolutely not be taking out the whole of West Yorkshire's trains.
I have been caught up in the mess in West Yorkshire area twice, once when I think lightening hit the ROC and once when there was a power cut.
I was stick at Victoria the other night when a lineside fire meant the signal box (not sure whether that is an ROC?) had to be evacuated.
As these new ROC assets control vast areas, have we not created a single point of failure in such circumstances? Is the contingency planning and are the back-up power and other critical systems sufficient to acknowledge the critical importance of the asset?
My feeling is no from what I have experienced. A power cut in one place for instance should absolutely not be taking out the whole of West Yorkshire's trains.