The travelling public it seems, judging by what some folk have said on here, want lower fares, and a second member of staff on the train. The public need to realise, they can't have it both ways.
I mentioned earlier about what ASLEF puts to its members. The only potential spanner in the works I can see in this deal with the RMT, is if ASLEF puts to their members, and IF they agree to it, that single units, i.e. 4 cars, can run in service without a second member of staff on board, but two units working in service together, i.e. 8 cars, MUST have a second person on board.
People will say, what difference does it make? Well, back in 1972 ASLEF went into dispute with BR over the prototype HST, demanding a second seat in the cab for a second person, and a later agreement which meant two people in the cab for running over 110MPH, but one person in the cab for running under 110MPH. No reason was explained for the difference.
All I'm saying is, it's good there seems to be an agreement between the RMT, Merseytravel and Merseyrail. ASLEF could yet spoil the party.