I want to travel next week on a day return from Richmond (London) to Marlow and am researching tickets.
The cheapest is going via Windsor & Eton with loads of changes and a long journey time.
Going via Waterloo and Paddington comes up on all the search engines, but will take over two hours each way.
I've found the following fare on brfares.com: http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=RMD&dest=MLW&rlc=DIS&rte=811&tkt=CDR
The route shows as "EALING CM/W ACTN", which are both Underground stations, presumably changing at Ealing Broadway. This seems to offer the best combination of journey time and cost. However I can't get it to appear on any journey planner and even brfares.com doesn't make it clear that the ticket would be valid on the Underground.
Does anyone have any experience or advice about this ticket?
The cheapest is going via Windsor & Eton with loads of changes and a long journey time.
Going via Waterloo and Paddington comes up on all the search engines, but will take over two hours each way.
I've found the following fare on brfares.com: http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=RMD&dest=MLW&rlc=DIS&rte=811&tkt=CDR
The route shows as "EALING CM/W ACTN", which are both Underground stations, presumably changing at Ealing Broadway. This seems to offer the best combination of journey time and cost. However I can't get it to appear on any journey planner and even brfares.com doesn't make it clear that the ticket would be valid on the Underground.
Does anyone have any experience or advice about this ticket?