Tonbridge RHTTs seem very inconsistent this year
Interesting that NR have that level of control and insight over the operation, I wonder if this will have the opposite effect in December. I should note that the Horsham MPVs are also inconsistent.I presume this is due to the unseasonably mild weather in the South East meaning leaves haven't
started falling to any significant extent yet.
As a gardener in the SE it seemed the leaves started to fall earlier than usual this year BUT since then it has been nowhere near a large amount of leaves overall.3W74/3W90 haven't actually started yet - the handful of moves using those headcodes in September
were just shakedown runs.
I presume this is due to the unseasonably mild weather in the South East meaning leaves haven't
started falling to any significant extent yet.
RHTT routes are risk based, some lines get nothing and others get multiple. The East Coast between Werrington Junction (Peterborough) and Colton Junction (York) gets basically nothing (once a week) yet Scarborough gets a twice daily service.This may be a really silly question, but I was wondering why Alloa gets a visit from 2 seperate RHTT services some nights?
3S95 from Inverness reverses in Stirling and arrives in Alloa around 1am before heading back and then 3S93 arrives from Carstairs around 3 hours later.
Surely the Stirling to Alloa line doesn't need that intensive a service?
Would that also explain as to why the line between Worksop and Kirkby-In-Ashfield had to get re-sprayed yesterday off-schedule?RHTT routes are risk based, some lines get nothing and others get multiple. The East Coast between Werrington Junction (Peterborough) and Colton Junction (York) gets basically nothing (once a week) yet Scarborough gets a twice daily service.
No path for them to leave tomorrow. Any ideas why they've gone there and if they're expected to be leaving any time soon? Would love to capture some more 99s during the daylight hours99009 + 99012
Operated 0Z97 1840 Perth to Craigentinny T.&R.S.M.D today
Somewhere I read one of them has wheel flats and the other is taking it there.No path for them to leave tomorrow. Any ideas why they've gone there and if they're expected to be leaving any time soon? Would love to capture some more 99s during the daylight hours
Ouch... you'd think that modern locomotives would have some sort of wheelslip prevention good enough to prevent wheel flats nowadays. How did they manage that? Someone's getting a royal talking to!!Somewhere I read one of them has wheel flats and the other is taking it there.
Not in this case as far as I know BUT I have heard leaving the handbrake on is an effective way to get a wheel flat !.Ouch... you'd think that modern locomotives would have some sort of wheelslip prevention good enough to prevent wheel flats nowadays. How did they manage that? Someone's getting a royal talking to!!
009 has flats 12 taking it to get the wheels cut. There's also another set in Inverness with flats i suspect it may be 012 as it was restricted to 40mphNo path for them to leave tomorrow. Any ideas why they've gone there and if they're expected to be leaving any time soon? Would love to capture some more 99s during the daylight hours