• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rewritting the LNWR (and some WMR) timetable (post-Covid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetudo boy

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2018
Messages
382
Location
Near Liverpool
Split from: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/my-idea-for-a-reduced-avanti-timetable.210788/

Could the LNR timetable also be rewritten?
I'm sure it could, but I suspect they would want to keep any changes simple while things settle down.
I might actually make a post-covid LNWR timetable rewrite thread if I can.


When Covid lockdown eventually ends, and everything settle's down, could the LNR timetable be rewritten? In my opinion, the LNR timetable has been somewhat of a disaster, mostly due to the amount of capacity the WCML can hold. So why not rewrite the timetable?

EDIT: I'm no longer putting my ideas on this thread because it would be best for us to work on it together.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,711
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Definite no to through Euston-Liverpool services; they made a right muck of the WCML.

What I'd probably do if low peak demand remains is to switch to the ex-LM (i.e. split at New St) Saturday timetable (but add the 0134 northbound and 03xx and 04xx southbound).
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,375
Why would you run 4tph from Northampton to Rugby? One stopper should end at Milton Keynes, the other at Northampton with 2tph between Northampton and Coventry.
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,906
I can only think of about 50,000 regular users of the line, and a few dozen MPs and local authorities who would be decidedly annoyed with such a service specification.
 

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,718
I would be a bit unhappy if I used Canley, Berkswell and Hampton in Arden...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top