Ivo
Established Member
Everyone knows that First are not doing as well as they could be at present. Over-aggressive expansion, poor relationships and financial mismanagement are all cited as reasons for this, but there is another reason which I am sure that anyone in the South Hampshire metropolitan area could tell you - poor route provision, i.e. a poorly managed network of bus services.
Some time ago, I provided a version of what I would like to suggest First do in Bath (see attachment and explanation here; note that the 2 idea is doomed because the 2 itself is being withdrawn in a few weeks). Using it as a guideline and/or as inspiration, what would you do to the operation in your local area to revitalise the FirstBus operation? If you have an idea for how something could be improved, this is a means to show everyone your great/ambitious/stupid (delete as appropriate) idea, and the rest of us can evaluate the route(s) in question.
There is obviously an element of fantasy to this, but please ensure your suggestions are realistic (so no ordering Geminis for routes that carry 250 people a day, for instance). Schemes must be sufficiently efficient to be viable in any given depot's hour of need!
I will be providing an idea for somewhere, possibly Basildon, in the near future. For now though, the floor is open! And if you want to try it for a different operator, by all means do, but please ensure that you make the idea plainly obvious that it is not First-related.
Some time ago, I provided a version of what I would like to suggest First do in Bath (see attachment and explanation here; note that the 2 idea is doomed because the 2 itself is being withdrawn in a few weeks). Using it as a guideline and/or as inspiration, what would you do to the operation in your local area to revitalise the FirstBus operation? If you have an idea for how something could be improved, this is a means to show everyone your great/ambitious/stupid (delete as appropriate) idea, and the rest of us can evaluate the route(s) in question.
There is obviously an element of fantasy to this, but please ensure your suggestions are realistic (so no ordering Geminis for routes that carry 250 people a day, for instance). Schemes must be sufficiently efficient to be viable in any given depot's hour of need!
I will be providing an idea for somewhere, possibly Basildon, in the near future. For now though, the floor is open! And if you want to try it for a different operator, by all means do, but please ensure that you make the idea plainly obvious that it is not First-related.
.