Kingspanner
Member
I'm not sure if there is an existing thread for these sorts of things, these being getting on the wrong train, karma, schadenfreude, and bloodshed.
In another thread earlier this evening I was rejoicing in the 1843 from MBR being a 158 instead of a 142. Table, aircon, window seat etc. Except, as I discovered just after leaving Thornaby and it was too late to bail, I was on the wrong train. This was the late running Durham Coast service to Newcastle and beyond. I won't bore you with a self-serving defence of this crass error.
The long and the short of it is I have to get off at Stockton and work my way back in a modally agnostic way. However, street theatre awaits! As the train pulls up at Stockton there is a brawl in progress on the platform. Two fat, bald drunk men in their 60s, cheered on by four similar are thumping each other to no great effect, save an amount of bleeding. Interrupted by the train's arrival bygones are about to be bygones as all six promptly board the train. They are equally promptly ejected by the train crew (hooray for them).
As the train pulls away, the six realise that they are marooned with an hours wait for the next chance to be refused access to public transport, so it is handbags again. I've had enough and decide to grass them up to the rozzers. No sooner have I finished the call than two, and immediately two more of Cleveland's finest appear and start taking names. ( Hooray for them!)
Good deed done for the day, I snag a taxi back to Thornaby and as the 1915 is 8L fall out of the taxi straight onto, yes you've guessed it, a Pacer. However, total cost to me of a needless detour, 35 minutes and £5 including the tip.
Maybe I'll shut up about Pacers now.
Have other forum members got a story......
In another thread earlier this evening I was rejoicing in the 1843 from MBR being a 158 instead of a 142. Table, aircon, window seat etc. Except, as I discovered just after leaving Thornaby and it was too late to bail, I was on the wrong train. This was the late running Durham Coast service to Newcastle and beyond. I won't bore you with a self-serving defence of this crass error.
The long and the short of it is I have to get off at Stockton and work my way back in a modally agnostic way. However, street theatre awaits! As the train pulls up at Stockton there is a brawl in progress on the platform. Two fat, bald drunk men in their 60s, cheered on by four similar are thumping each other to no great effect, save an amount of bleeding. Interrupted by the train's arrival bygones are about to be bygones as all six promptly board the train. They are equally promptly ejected by the train crew (hooray for them).
As the train pulls away, the six realise that they are marooned with an hours wait for the next chance to be refused access to public transport, so it is handbags again. I've had enough and decide to grass them up to the rozzers. No sooner have I finished the call than two, and immediately two more of Cleveland's finest appear and start taking names. ( Hooray for them!)
Good deed done for the day, I snag a taxi back to Thornaby and as the 1915 is 8L fall out of the taxi straight onto, yes you've guessed it, a Pacer. However, total cost to me of a needless detour, 35 minutes and £5 including the tip.
Maybe I'll shut up about Pacers now.
Have other forum members got a story......
