• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restrictions during disruption when other TOCs' tickets are accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregorD

New Member
Joined
17 Nov 2012
Messages
3
In brief: When one TOC accepts another's this-TOC-only tickets during disruption, how are restrictions interpreted?

Here's my scenario: When Greater Anglia services between Cambridge and Liverpool Street were disrupted recently following lightning damage, First Capital Connect accepted GA-only tickets between CBG and King's Cross. I travelled on a GA Off-Peak Day Travelcard, which has no restrictions in the evening peak. In normal circumstances, the only Travelcards and Day Returns that are valid on FCC KGX-CBG services in the evening peak (as specified by the Any Permitted tickets) are Anytimes, but would my ticket have been valid on such a service? I would have thought so, but I decided not to push my luck, as GA services were running again when I returned, although FCC were still accepting GA tickets at the last report.

Slightly murkier would be the Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard (or Day Return), which is restricted in the evening, but explicitly only from LST and Stratford. Of course, this would normally cover all trains on the route, but in the above situation, would such a ticket be valid (if ungentlemanly) from KGX during the hours in which it's restricted from LST?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
I don't think there is anything set in stone but I would expect restrictions to apply as if you were using the normal route, however it may just be easier to keep people moving when there is bad disruption.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top