It's difficult to make sense of this.
One service between Pamplona and Zaragoza sees an older EMU replaced ...
www.heraldo.es
So will RENFE really sell a compulsory reservation to *stand* for a 2 hour journey? I hope the plans is that paying customers get a guaranteed seat and free season tickets do not, but I have seen no explanation so far.
The change is from a 470 (pair probably) to 46x Civia, which are palatial by british standards with masses of standing space, but a suburban plastic seat for 2 hours+
One service between Pamplona and Zaragoza sees an older EMU replaced ...
Cambio de tren para el trayecto Zaragoza-Pamplona: añade 200 plazas más, pero de pie
A partir del martes, 23 de enero, se actualiza el nuevo tren con una capacidad total de 600 personas.
This is a Regional Express service which is (supposedly) reservation compulsory and can be full, at which point more tickets cannot be sold.... This change gives an improvement in accessibility and an increase of 208 places per journey, but these new places are standing.
So will RENFE really sell a compulsory reservation to *stand* for a 2 hour journey? I hope the plans is that paying customers get a guaranteed seat and free season tickets do not, but I have seen no explanation so far.
The change is from a 470 (pair probably) to 46x Civia, which are palatial by british standards with masses of standing space, but a suburban plastic seat for 2 hours+