• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reprint weekly season originally issued by another TOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
Today I a bit disappointed when I attempted to get a weekly season ticket re-issued at a Greater Anglia station. The clerk consulted with a colleague and told me that they don't re-issue broken weekly seasons if the original was issued by another TOC, as there is no record of what's been issued in their system.

I was presenting to original (broken) season to surrender, and the original being issued elsewhere has not caused a problem for me before.

Is there a new policy on this?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,464
Location
London
I believe that, strictly speaking, a replacement for a Weekly season is supposed to be issued at full price, with a Refund Sundry issued to balance that out to zero. As such, some TOCs may be unwilling to give such a "refund" where they haven't sold the original ticket.

The Ticket Issuing System I use at work doesn't make that distinction, however, and issues the replacement at zero fare, just as it would for a monthly or longer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top